Have fun and create some lockdown memories with children of any age!
Kate and her son Adam show how to make this simple, quick salt dough recipe and once cooked you can keep what you have made forever!
With your children you can create lovely handprint/footprint keepsakes or make models, rainbows, hanging decorations....whatever! After its been in the oven the salt dough goes hard and can be painted and decorated.
The salt dough recipe we used is:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup of salt
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to its lowest setting (we used around 100C) and line a baking sheet with baking parchment/greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the water and stir until it comes together into a ball.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and shape into your chosen model. You can roll it out and cut out shapes, numbers or letters using biscuit cutters, or make any kind of model you can think of.
4. Put your finished items on the lined baking sheet and bake for 3 hrs or until solid.
5. Leave to cool and then paint or decorate!
Give it a try and send us any photos of your salt dough creations!